If you have an interest in health and wellness, or you like to try out alternative remedies, you may have been considering buying hemp oil or CBD oil products. But before you buy, it’s crucial you know the differences between the two types of product – and those differences are huge.
Hemp Oil Vs CBD Oil: The Main Differences
- Extracted from the flowers, leaves, and stalks of the hemp plant
- Has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties to relieve pain
- Helps reduce stress and promote feelings of calm and wellbeing
- Topical use can relieve sunburn, eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis
- More suited to alleviating physical conditions than as a beauty product
- A cold-pressed oil made from the seeds of the hemp plant
- Packed with protective antioxidants, omega-3, and omega-6
- An excellent non-comedogenic moisturizer that softens skin
- Has nutritional value but won’t relieve pain or reduce inflammation
- Contains no cannabinoids such as CBD, CBN, or THC
Always Read the Label
It’s important to think about why you need the product. Is it to alleviate the physical symptoms of a painful condition? Is it to improve your skin’s tone and texture? Is it to help reduce anxiety or to boost your intake of nutrients? This will determine whether you need to purchase hemp oil or CBD oil.
But how can you tell the difference? While it’s (shockingly) not a requirement for brands to correctly label their products, many do, and those that do are the ones you should trust. Hemp oil will be labeled as cannabis sativa seed oil; CBD oil will be labeled as full-spectrum hemp or cannabidiol.
Choose Carefully, Benefit Greatly
When buying CBD or hemp online, read labels, research the brand, and learn what to look for. When you shop with Turtle Herbal, you can be sure you’re purchasing the right product for your needs. We’re totally transparent about the products we sell, and only carry products from reputable brands.